Seminar on Recent Developments in Databases and Information Systems.
To attend this seminar, students need to register according to the registration procedure explained below. After the end of the registration process, participants are selected and informed. Each selected student will get assigned one research paper that needs to be presented in a 45-minute talk at the end of the semester. Finally, also a short report (4 pages) about the presented paper needs to be submitted, the latest two weeks after the presentation.
- 2019-10-30 LaTeX Template uploaded
- 2019-10-30 Kickoff slides and the first set of deadlines published
- 2019-10-07 Papers assigned
- 2019-08-30 Initial Collection of Papers published, registration opened
Dates and Deadlines
You can subscribe to this calendar and be up to date to all dates and deadlines.
- 2020-03-13 Final report submitted.
- 2020-02-19,20 Final presentations, 09:00 – 12:00 in 36-336
- 2020-02-18 Camera-ready-version submitted.
- 2020-01-17 Peer review submitted.
- 2019-12-13 No-left-todo version of slides submitted.
- 2019-11-16 First meeting with supervisor and submission of the initial report done.
- 2019-11-20 Into Talks, 13:45 in 36-336
- 2019-10-30 Kickoff meeting, 14:30 in 36-336
- 2019-09-30 Registration to the Seminar
Information on the Registration Process
- This seminar is offered in the Summer semester of 2019.
- The number of participants is limited.
- Registration is not done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to register, download this json template registration file, rename it to yourmatriculationnumber.json, edit it to reflect your information and send it as an attachment via email to Manuel Dossinger (dossinger at cs.uni-kl.de). Make sure the file is valid JSON and ASCII or UTF-8 encoded, the latter without byte order mark. Use the paper ids from the following table to specify your preference for at least five papers. Please use your official university email account @cs.uni-kl.de or @student.uni-kl.de to register and to send the email.
- Registration due September 30st (no extensions).
- Soon after the end of the registration, we will let you know whether or not you got a slot in the seminar.
- Wednesday, 2020-02-19
- 09:00 - 10:00 Constantin Roudsarabi: Finding Significant Items in Data Streams
- 10:00 - 11:00 Sunjay Nair: AStream: Ad-hoc Shared Stream Processing
- 11:00 - 12:00 Tobias Jeske: I’ve Seen “Enough”: Incrementally Improving Visualizations to Support Rapid Decision Making
- Thursday, 2020-02-20
- 09:00 - 10:00 Vivian Khuu: FITing-Tree: A Data-aware Index Structure
- 10:00 - 11:00 Suchetana Dey: Blockchain Meets Database: Design and Implementation of a Blockchain Relational Database
- 11:00 - 12:00 Carlo Schmidt: CAPER: A Cross-Application Permissioned Blockchain
|1||Jeyhun Karimov, Tilmann Rabl, Volker Markl: AStream: Ad-hoc Shared Stream Processing. link||Sunjay Nair||Manuel Dossigner|
|2||Alex Galakatos, Michael Markovitch, Carsten Binnig, Rodrigo Fonseca, Tim Kraska: FITing-Tree: A Data-aware Index Structure. link||Vivian Khuu||Nico Schäfer|
|3||T. Yang, H. Zhang, D. Yang, Y. Huang and X. Li: Finding Significant Items in Data Streams. link||Roudsarabi Constantin||Damjan Gjurovski|
|5||Sajjadur Rahman, Maryam Aliakbarpour, Hidy Kong, Eric Blais, Karrie Karahalios, Aditya G. Parameswaran, Ronitt Rubinfeld: I’ve Seen “Enough”: Incrementally Improving Visualizations to Support Rapid Decision Making. link||Tobias Jeske||Michael Hohenstein|
|6||Mohammad Javad Amiri, Divy Agrawal, Amr El Abbadi: CAPER: A Cross-Application Permissioned Blockchain. link||Carlo Schmidt||Gajendra Doniparthi|
|8||Senthil Nathan, Chander Govindarajan, Adarsh Saraf, Manish Sethi, Praveen Jayachandran: Blockchain Meets Database: Design and Implementation of a Blockchain Relational Database. link||suchetana dey||Prof. Härder|
|9||Muhammad El-Hindi, Carsten Binnig, Arvind Arasu, Donald Kossmann, and Ravi Ramamurthy: BlockchainDB - A Shared Database on Blockchains. link||Aso Saleem||Prof. Michel|
PrerequisitesYou have to be in the University's VPN (full tunnel) for accessing some of the papers.