This lecture is offered in English.
- The OLAT course is available here. The password required to enter the course, can be found here (Only available within the university network). The first lecture slides are uploaded there.
- All important information, notifications and materials will be sent over OLAT. The corresponding course will be linked here soon.
- Lecture will be offered in winter semester 2018/2019. From this semester on, the lecture, exercise, and exam will be in English. KIS(No registration in KIS required)
The lecture is held at:
- Tuesday, 11:45-13:15, 42-110
- Thursday, 15:30-17:00, 52-207
Starting from 31.10.2018 the exercises will be held at:
- Wednesday, 08:15-09:45, 13-305 (Nils Altenhofen)
- Wednesday, 15:30-17:00, 42-110 (Tobias Michels)
We created a quiz to recap some basics concepts from the beginners course Information Systems (German: Informationssysteme).
[PDF] (Only available within the university network)
If you face major difficulties in confidently answering a good extent (say, more than half) of these questions, you may want to visit the optional exercise session on:
- Wednesday, 24.10.2018, 15:30-17:00, 42-110 (Nico Schäfer)
You do not have to submit any solutions for this sheet.
The organization and submission of exercises is handled by the OLAT system. The access code is announced during the first lecture.
Exam admission: You can achieve up to 50 points over 12 exercise sheets. By solving the whole question in an acceptable manner, your group (of two students) receives one submission point. Additionally, you (personally) can receive presentation points by correctly solving the question and being able to present it during the exercise. To be admitted to the exam you have to receive 35 submission points and 15 presentation points.
Exercise Submission: To submit an exercise solution, you have to upload it as PDF file until Monday 16:00 CET (unless otherwise stated) via the OLAT system. Solutions are submitted in groups of two students with a single PDF file. Presentation points are given per student. To receive a presentation point you have to mark specific questions in the OLAT system. The marked question has to be 100% correct and you have to be able to present it during the exercise.
Rules: Students submitting plagiarisms as exercise solutions will be excluded from the exercise. Furthermore, if we notice that students do not understand the solution they are presenting, the presentation point will be retracted. In special cases, -3 points may be given.
- Elmasri, R., & Navathe, S.: Fundamentals of database systems (Seventh edition, global edition.). Pearson, 2017 Library
- Garcia-Molina, H., Ullman, J. D., & Widom, J.: Database Systems: The Complete Book. 2. edition, new international edition. Harlow: Pearson, 2014 Library
- Silberschatz, A., Korth, H. F., & Sudarshan, S.: Database system concepts (6. ed.). McGraw-Hill, 2011 Library
- Ramakrishnan, R., Gehrke, J.: Database Management Systems, 3. Auflage, McGraw-Hill, 2008 Library
- Samet, H.: Foundations of multidimensional and metric data structures. Amsterdam [u.a.]: Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann, 2006 Library
- Weikum, G., Vossen, G.: Transactional Information Systems. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2002 Library
- Härder, T., Rahm, E.: Datenbanksysteme – Konzepte und Techniken der Implementierung, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2001 Library
- Elmasri, R., Navathe, S. B.: Grundlagen von Datenbanksystemen, Ausgabe Grundstudium, 3. Auflage, Pearson Studium, 2005 Library
- Kemper, A., Eickler, A.: Datenbanksysteme – Eine Einführung, 7. Auflage, Oldenbourg-Verlag, 2009 Library
- Kemper, A., Wimmer, M.: Übungsbuch Datenbanksysteme, 2. Auflage, Oldenbourg-Verlag, 2009 Library