Seminar on Recent Developments in Databases and Information Systems.
To attend this seminar, students need to register according to the registration procedure explained below. After the end of the registration process, participants are selected and informed. Each selected student will get assigned one research paper that needs to be presented in a 45-minute talk at the end of the semester. Finally, also a short report (4 pages) about the presented paper needs to be submitted, the latest two weeks after the presentation.
- 2021-03-15 Added papers
- 2021-03-03 Page created
Dates and Deadlines
- TBD Final version of slides
- TBD No-left-todo version of slides
- TBD Meeting with supervisor
- 2021-04-11 Registration to the Seminar
Information on the Registration Process
- This seminar is offered in the Summer semester of 2021.
- The number of participants is limited.
- Registration is not done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration due 2021-04-11
- Soon after the end of the registration, we will let you know whether or not you got a slot in the seminar.
|1||NoDB: efficient query execution on raw data files||Link|
|3||Robust Query Processing through Progressive Optimization||Link|
|4||Tuple Routing Strategies for Distributed Eddies||Link|
|5||Approximate Frequency Counts over Data Streams||Link|
|6||HadoopDB: An Architectural Hybrid of MapReduce and DBMS Technologies for Analytical Workloads||Link|
|7||A Quantitative Analysis and Performance Study for Similarity-Search Methods in High-Dimensional Spaces||Link|
|8||Optimizing Queries Using Materialized Views: A Practical, Scalable Solution||Link|
|10||Fast Scans on Key-Value Stores||Link|
|12||Robust and Fast Similarity Search for Moving Object Trajectories||Link|
|13||Serializable isolation for snapshot databases.||Link|
|14||Dremel: interactive analysis of web-scale datasets||Link|
You have to be in the University's VPN (full tunnel) for accessing some of the papers.
- Participants should have successfully attended the core lecture Datenbanksysteme (database systems) or equivalent.
- Having attended the beginner's course Informationssysteme (information systems), or equivalent, is assumed anyway.