Lecture (2V+1Ü, 4 ECTS-LP) "Distributed Data Management" (Module Description), Course Number INF-24-53-V-7
- Level: Master
- Language: English
This course addresses fundamental concepts of distributed data management. Emphasis is put on novel approaches/paradigms to managing Big Data. The course aims at a mixture of system issues and hands on experience (like Hadoop/HDFS) and on fundamental algorithms and techniques (such as consistent hashing or Bloom filters).
- Big Data, Cloud Computing
- MapReduce (Hadoop, HDFS, …)
- Various algorithms on top of MR
- NoSQL Stores (MongoDB, Amazon Dynamo, Riak, ...)
- (State Machine) Replication, Paxos
- (Eventual) Consistency Models
- Synopses: Bloomfilter, count-min sketch, KMV, ...
- Distributed Data Stream Processing: STREAM, Storm, ...
- Gossip protocols, consistent hashing
Time and Location
- KIS entry
- Thursday, 15:30-17:00.
- Room 42-110
- KIS entry
- Wednesday, 13:15-14:45
- Room 13-305
|16.02.2017||Website is online.|
Slides will be made available roughly 24 hours before the lecture. Note that they are then still subject to change. The final version is uploaded after the lecture.
- Lecture 1: : TBD
- Sheet 1:TBD